The Association for Value-Based Cancer Care Hosts Live Webca
CRANBURY, N.J., March 31, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Building on its commitment to improving the care of cancer patients, the Association for Value-Based Cancer Care (AVBCC) is hosting a live webcast, "COVID-19 Impact on the Cancer Care Delivery Ecosystem," on Friday, April 3, from 7:30 am to 9:30 am (EDT). This event, which is free and open to all, aims to quickly articulate the challenges currently facing cancer care during the COVID-19 pandemic. Advance registration is required.
"Some of the top thought leaders, faculty, and key opinion leaders in the oncology field have signed on to present during this webcast," says Burt Zweigenhaft, PhD, DLitt, Founder, AVBCC, and Editor-in-Chief, Value-Based Cancer Care. "We're excited to provide attendees with this rare opportunity to obtain valuable, real-time insight from individuals representing all aspects of the cancer care continuum."
Guests who will be presenting during the webcast include:
- Burt Zweigenhaft, PhD, DLitt, Founder, Association for Value-Based Cancer Care
- Clifford Hudis, MD, FACP, FASCO, CEO, American Society of Clinical Oncology
- Jayson Slotnik, JD, MPH, Managing Partner, Health Policy Strategies
- Steven Peskin, MD, MBA, FACP, Executive Medical Director of Population Health and Transformation, Horizon BCBS
- Scott Breidbart, MD, MBA, Chief Medical Officer, Affinity Health Plan
- Matthew Eyles, President & CEO, America's Health Insurance Plans (AHIP)
- Barry Fortner, PhD, President, Specialty Physician Services, AmerisourceBergen
- Brian Morrissey, VP, Strategic Customer Group Oncology, Pfizer
- Ted Okon, MBA, Executive Director, Community Oncology Alliance
- Jeff Patton, MD, President, Tennessee Oncology
- Lucio Gordan, MD, President, Florida Cancer Specialists; President, American Oncology Partners
- Robert Carlson, CEO, National Comprehensive Cancer Network
- Pat Basu, MD, MBA, President & CEO, Cancer Treatment Centers of America Global
- Christian Downs, MHA, JD, Executive Director, Association of Community Cancer Centers
- Michael Reff, RPh, MBA, President, National Community Oncology Dispensing Association
- Lillie Shockney, RN, BS, MAS, HON-ONN-CG, Founder, Academy of Oncology Nurse & Patient Navigators
- Brenda Nevidjon, MSN, RN, FAAN, CEO, Oncology Nursing Society
- Brian Gockerman, MBA, Managing Director, Unlimited Technology Systems
- Parag Shah, President, Practice Solutions, Integra Connect
- Trish Goldsmith, CEO, CancerCare
- Daniel Klein, President & CEO, Patient Access Network Foundation
The webcast agenda and complete list of speakers can be found here.
About the Association for Value-Based Cancer Care (AVBCC)
AVBCC is the fastest growing national specialty organization dedicated to improving the care of cancer patients and their quality of life by discussing, considering, and evaluating the value equation as it relates to new and existing cancer therapies. This organization, which currently consists of more than 450 members, was established to provide a network for payers and oncology healthcare professionals to interact and network to promote optimal care for patients and their families.
About Value-Based Cancer Care
Value-Based Cancer Care provides a forum for payers, providers, and the entire oncology team to consider the cost–value issues particular to cancer treatments. This unique focus is achieved through news coverage from major hematology/oncology meetings and the cancer literature. It is supplemented with commentaries and perspectives from those involved in evaluating therapies, treating patients, and paying for care. Value-Based Cancer Care is a publication of Engage Healthcare Communications, LLC, a division of The Lynx Group. For more information on this publication, visit valuebasedcancercare.com.
About the Lynx Group (www.thelynxgroup.com)
The Lynx Group is a rapidly growing global strategic alliance of medical communications and education companies. Through its unique business model, The Lynx Group strives to provide pivotal and contemporary information and education for all stakeholders in healthcare.
The Lynx Group is the official association management and marketing company of the Academy of Oncology Nurse & Patient Navigators, Association for Value-Based Cancer Care, and Association for Oncology Practice Management.
CONTACT: Gwen Coverdale, 267-884-6328
SOURCE The Association for Value-Based Cancer Care