DNA Sequencing Market Size Worth $11.2 Billion By 2027 l CAG
SAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 29, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- – The global DNA sequencing market size is expected to reach USD 11.2 billion by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 11.4%, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The incorporation of Artificial Intelligence (AI) has increased the utility of genomic data in clinical practices and thus creates a new frontier in the advancement of genomic data analysis. In May 2020, Nvidia Corporation developed new AI tools, genomic sequencing software, and speech recognition technologies to aid the COVID-19 research efforts. Thus, AI accelerates the variant annotation and prioritization in the clinical diagnosis, which drives the market.
Key suggestions from the report:
- Rise in the availability of services at affordable prices along with consulting services, training courses, and customer support are anticipated to drive the services segment at the fastest growth rate over the forecast period
- Constant technological advancements in third-generation techniques with the launch new systems are expected to drive this segment at a lucrative CAGR
- For instance, in July 2019, Oxford Nanopore launched GridION Mk1, a benchtop, flexible NGS, data analysis device that improves the performance of the company's GridION X5 system
- On the basis of workflow, data analysis step is anticipated to register a considerable CAGR throughout the forecast period
- The advent of workflow management systems with HTS-flow retrieve data from laboratory management systems and manage data analysis through a simple graphical user interface, subsequently streamlining the data analysis workflow
- These technologies are widely accepted in the oncology field to sequence and catalog gene mutations for the development of cancer diagnostic and therapeutics
- A rise in cancer cases globally is driving demand for oncology. It is estimated that there would be nearly 1.8 million new cancer cases in 2020 in the U.S.
- The clinical research segment is projected to witness the fastest growth rate over the forecast period, followed by hospitals and clinics
- Efforts undertaken by companies and government agencies to broaden the accessibility for NGS-based diagnostic tests in the hospitals and diagnostic centers for COVID-19 diagnosis is anticipated to drive the hospitals and clinics segment at a lucrative pace
- In Asia Pacific, the market is expected to progress with the highest CAGR over the forecast period owing to numerous research programs that involve the usage of these tools
- For instance, in October 2019, researchers from the Agency for Science, Technology and Research's Genome Institute of Singapore created the largest genetic databank of Asian populations to support the diagnosis of rare diseases
- Key companies such as Illumina, Thermo Fisher, Roche, QIAGEN, and Agilent, have adopted several strategic alliances to reinforce their market presence
- In May 2020, Roche acquired Seattle-based Stratos Genomics to introduce advancements in its nanopore sequencer by combining Sequencing by Expansion chemistry from Stratos Genomics.
Read 250 page research report with ToC on "DNA Sequencing Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product, By Technology, By Workflow, By Application (Oncology, HLA Typing, Clinical Investigation), By End-use, By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2020 - 2027'' at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/dna-sequencing-market
Since the completion of the Human Genome Project, the DNA sequencing cost has declined precipitously. The cost of decoding one person's genome was around USD 50,000 a decade ago and currently has reached nearly USD 600 in the largest genomic centers. Recently, in February 2020, BGI claimed to reduce the cost to sequence the genome to USD 100. This is expected to expand the use of this technology for prenatal tests, cancer screening, and research studies.
With a significant decrease incost coupled with the availability of funding, several start-ups have entered the market. For instance, in January 2020, Omniome, a startup firm from the U.S., raised USD 60.0 million in Series C financing to speed up the late-stage product development and product launch of its genetic sequencing platform, which consequently fuels market progression.
Grand View Research has segmented the global DNA sequencing market based on product and services, technology, workflow, application, end-use and region:
- DNA Sequencing Product & Services Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- DNA Sequencing Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2027)
- Sanger Sequencing
- Targeted Sequencing & Resequencing
- Third Generation Sequencing
- Nanopore Sequencing
- Animal Feed
- DNA Sequencing Workflow Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Data Analysis
- DNA Sequencing Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2027)
- Reproductive Health
- Clinical Investigation
- Agrigenomics & Forensics
- HLA Typing/Immune System Monitoring
- Metagenomics, Epidemiology & Drug Development
- Consumer Genomics
- DNA Sequencing End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Academic Research
- Clinical Research
- Hospitals & Clinics
- Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies
- Other Users
- DNA Sequencing Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
List of Key Players of DNA Sequencing Market
- Agilent Technologies, Inc.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- Illumina, Inc.
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Oxford Nanopore Technologies Ltd.
- Macrogen, Inc.
- Perkin Elmer, Inc.
- Pacific Biosciences of California, Inc.
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- Myriad Genetics
- Intrexon Bioinformatics Germany GmbH
- Eurofins Scientific
Find more research reports on the Biotechnology Industry, by Grand View Research:
- DNA & Gene Chip Market – The global DNA & gene chip market size was valued at USD 4.50 billion in 2017 and is projected to exhibit a CAGR of 11.4% during the forecast period.
- Targeted DNA RNA Sequencing Market – The global targeted DNA RNA sequencing market size was estimated at USD 4.15 billion in 2016. Whole-genome & exome sequencing (WGS/WES) offer information on the entire sequence.
- Recombinant DNA Technology Market – The global recombinant DNA technology market size was estimated at 497.7 billion in 2016. Recombinant DNA (rDNA) technology has offered scientists with unprecedented control over the genetic material.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter